The long awaited collaboration between Pantone and Airbnb is finally here! The outside in house is an upcoming installation inspired by Pantone’s colour of the year, ‘Greenery’. Taking place between the 27-30 January, the house will feature an indoor greenhouse, a botanical bedroom complete with its own lawn and a tropical lagoon bathroom.
The Outside In
The campaign aims to promote Airbnb’s new experience-based service, trips. The service currently offers 500 experiences across 12 cities, with a planned total of 51 by 2017. Trips is a component of Airbnb’s overarching plan to create a full “travel service” and comes with guidebooks and suggested experiences which compliment the existing booking service.
Whilst guests can book an overnight stay in the Outside In House, Airbnb are also offering it as a workshop space to showcase some of the experiences available. Such experiences will include a wallpaper painting masterclass, a terrarium workshop and an exercise class by The Body Engineered.
James Mclure, Airbnb’s manager for Northern Europe said on the subject, “More than eight in 10 millennials want the local experience and to stay in the home and neighbourhood of the place they are visiting. It comes down to participation. Our hosts are getting more involved with trips and this is something that is more immersive than what a bus tour can offer,”
If the ‘Outside In’ house has piqued your interest be sure to peruse the house rules before visiting to save yourself some embarrassment:
– Do bring positive energies.
– Do respect the land, people, wildlife, and plants around you.
– Do use the lawn for morning yoga poses.
– Do breathe deeply and slowly to take in maximum oxygen from the plants.
– Do recycle and use the compost bin.
– Don’t wear stilettos, they are never good on grass.
– Don’t smoke in the property – this is a clean-living house with a focus on health and happiness.
– Don’t water the plants – this is a house to relax in, and Groundskeeper Joe Radium is on hand to tend to their needs.